Starwood Preferred Guest can earn one point in Starwood Hotel’s Preferred Guest program for each dollar they spend with this card. These points give members a huge range of options when it comes to redeeming the for free hotel nights, frequent flier miles, or other valuable awards.
One of the most unique benefits of the Starwood Preferred Guest card is that it allows you the ability to transfer reward points to over thirty different airline frequent flyer programs without any fees, surcharges, or penalties. Often the conversion is on a 1:1 basis, which means Starpoints are extremely valuable.
- Starpoints ® bonus: Earn up to 25,000 bonus points (10,000 after your first purchase and another 15,000 after you spend $5,000 within the first six months of card membership – enough for a weekend getaway to a Category 4 hotel)
- Earn up to 5 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG hotels and resorts (that’s 2 Starpoints for using the Card in addition to the Starpoints you earn as an SPG member). Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- Free hotel nights: redeem Starpoints at over 1,100 hotels in nearly 100 countries worldwide, with no blackout dates (some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges)
- Free flights: redeem Starpoints with over 350 airlines with SPG Flights, with no blackout dates
- No limits on the number of Starpoints you can earn
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, and $65 thereafter
- Terms and restrictions apply